What are the chances of getting pregnant after stopping birth control?

Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here... hi i been off birth control for 19 days cause i was having major problems with it so my doctor took me off i recently had unprotected sex could i be pregnant? I was on the patches
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As at present you are not on any contraceptive measure, we cannot exclude the possibility of pregnancy. After stopping the birth control the period takes for resumption of ovulation and menstruation can differ from person to person depending on their hormonal levels.So, if you ovulated around the period of unprotected intercourse, there is some possibility of pregnancy. If you want to be sure, please go for blood test for pregnancy two weeks after unprotected intercourse or urine pregnancy test three weeks after unprotected intercourse, which will help in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.