What are the chances of a person s living after 90% kidney failure?

87 year old dad diagnosed with over 90% kidney failure. He cannot walk due to spinal issues and asked if the dialysis would enable him to possibly get on his feet with walker again. When told no by drs, he chose not to do dialysis; he has hospice now but I am begging him to take the liquid morphine and he refuses it fearing he will become immune to it; how long can this go on? The catheter and bag have blood; he is shaking and weak but still cognizant. I wish to know how long does he have to live as I do not want him to suffer
Fri, 12 Dec 2014