Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What are the causes of having small size egg and possibilities of conceiving ?

actually i had ultra sound today for knowing the size of my egg as i m trying to conceive today is my 13 day of cycle but doctor said egg size is small she will scan again day after tomorrow . My concern is that with small size egg what are the possibilities of conceiving and is this problem can be resolved with medicines. what are the causes of having small size egg
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Welcome to HCM forum

Small sized egg can be due to various reasons like PCOD , hypothyroidism , genetic factors etc.

You should get FSH levels done on second day of cycle

Yes there are medications to increase the size of egg like clomiphene citrate , FSH inj , HMG inj ,
Metformin etc but they should be taken strictly under doctor's guidance and prescription.

Best wishes

Answered: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor