What are the causes of dark urine?

Have iced tea dark urine after working extremely hard outside in the heat , have been hydrating with vitamin water and regular water and Gatorade but still urine is very dark. It’s been a very hard few days physically demanding work and I 60 years old, just had routine blood work about two weeks before this and all was normal
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per my surgical experience, the dark urine is due to alteration in urine pH from excess perspiration at work.
* In our clinic, I recommend plenty of liquids with cranberry sachets to clear the issue with avoiding further exposure to heat or heavy work till recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.