What are the causes for bump and also pus formation on the foot?

My son had a bump on the ball of his foot that looked like a callous and it was hard to touch. I thought it was a plantar wart so I used wart remover on it. Last week it looked like there was something in it so I discontinued the wart treatment and today he was squeezing it with tweezers and it popped and brown pus and blood came out of it. I put a band aid and antibiotic ointment on it after I washed it out with peroxide. Anyone have any idea what this is?
Wed, 17 Apr 2019