What are the benefits of Aswagandha?

can i take ashwagandha with water instead of milk .plese also tell its advantages
Sun, 1 May 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
You can definitely take it with water but it will work more if taken with milk
Ashwagandha is a general as well as a nerve tonic
It also helps in relaxing the mind in relieves anxiety
also it helps in losing as well as to gain weight
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Deepak Vyas's  Response
as per the ayurvedic text ashwagandha is vata & kapha hara it is benificial in shvitra shofa & kshaya ,it has balya ,rasayani ,shukrala properties (Bhavprakasha Nighatoo). part from this textual reference it is nervine tonic , antioxidant property but ideally it should be take along with milk because milk increases its effect.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Preet
Ashwagandha is one of the maxximum used herb in Ayurveda as this herb has the capabiliy to regenerate nerves and at the same time it acts as tranquilizer , it is good body and sex tonic while its leaves are regarded useful in shedding weight roots are used more in medicine, this herb is anti arthritic and good muscle tonic and analgesic.How to use it with water or milk depends on for which problem you are taking it. It is contraindicated with patients having thyroid involvement.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
Dear
welcome to healthcaremagic
Ayurveda has described Ashwagandha as an herb with many uses. Amavata (rheumatoid arthritis), sandhi gata vata (Osteoarthritis), vatarakt (gout), gridhasi (sciatica) and other vata dominant diseases.calmness and mental satisfaction in mind due to its good penetrating powers.
It is also good aphrodisiac thereby helps in enhancing the sexual powers and long lasting endurance. the use of aswagandha with milk help you in better action than milk especially in case of aphrodisiac it has good action..

http://ayurvediccure.info