What are effects of using gluconorm in woman with pcos?

Hi..I have been suffering from PCO for many years(which has resulted in delayed periods,hirsuitism and weight gain post marrige)and consulted the doctor for conception.My LSH has been abnormally high in the latest report.I have now been put on Diane-35 to regularise my cycle and Gluconorm.My sugar levels genrally hover around 75 without fasting and am very skeptical about taking gluconorm.Also is it that my body will stop producing insulin on its own if I stop taking Gluconorm..Would apprecciate if more light can be thrown on usage of Gluconorm for PCO cases like me..thanks
Thu, 26 Aug 2021

Gluconorm contains metformin that belongs to the group of anti-diabetic medications known as biguanides is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus by lowering the increased blood glucose level. It helps to improve insulin sensitivity that is commonly associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS.

It helps the body use insulin more efficiently and it allows many women to cycle more normally by lowering your insulin level. It also helps to decrease testosterone production and other metabolic effects of the condition. It acts as an ovulation induction agent for non obese women with PCOS that is used in the treatment of anovulatory infertility. Again, it can help obese women with PCOS lose weight and increase the chance of getting pregnant.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician