What are cystic areas ? Is a 6mm thick endometrium dangerous for my health ?

hello. hope your doing well. i have a question about what cystics areas are? is it risky if your endometrium is closed at 6mm thick? Carol
Mon, 30 Jan 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi Carol!
Welcome to healthcaremagic.com.Endometrial thickness has to be correlated to age,which phase of cycle,any history of drugs.During menstrual phase it will be from 1-4mm,Proliferative-4-14 and secretory-15-28mm.Thin endometrium is less than 8mm ,occurs in menopause.Cystic change is mostly benign but can be malignant also.Only a histopathology report can tell.