What are chances of seizures recurring after two attacks while on medication?

Hi, I had a question about my father's health, who has had 2 seizures in the past 8 months.
In Jan 2010 he had one attack of loss of consciousness & had a fall with slight numbing on one side of the body. The hospital said it was a mild stroke, and got him on blood thinners & blood pressure control tablets. Again in August he had one more fall, short loss of consciousness. This time the doctors say it is a case of mild epilepsy. (with 2 episodes of transient LOC & syncopal attack, conflict partial seizure)
The medicines prescribed are valparin 200 mg, alkalets, eptoin 100.
I would like to know the following
1. What is the possibility of recurrence?
2. Is it okay to leave him unsupervised?
3. How serious/ life-threatening can this become?
Wed, 4 May 2016