Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

What are atypical cardiac symptoms ?

i experienced two prolonged bouts of severe chest pain recently. I was admitted to a&e and had ECG and chest xrays blood tests etc which all came back clear. the pain came on fairly quickly without any other symptoms a the time and gradually over about 3-4 hours became unbearable I had pain in arm , neck, face and centre of chest first time. Second time accompanied by pain through to my back and felt quite breathless, still am 2 weeks on mainly when talking I felt exhausted for a few days after each episode, . I was discharged after about 8 hours both times and am awaiting chest clinic and cardiology appointment. I am a female 50 year old non smoker. Hospital confirm that this was not a heart attack and treated it is ACS - atypical cardiac symptoms but they are not sure
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hell Mrs julieworrall
first you have not clarified that the pain was on the right side of your chest or on the left side of your chest but regarding you querry about cardiac problem i may assume it as on left side of the chest.
to reach the cause of the pain your experiencing i would be requesting you for certain information i.e.
1. does the pain starts at rest or after some sort of exertion??
2. do you have any chronic problem like hypertension, diabetes or acid peptic disease?
3. how was the nature of the pain?
4. is it associated with food intake?
5. how it relieves?

after knowing replies for the mentioned questions it would be easy to resolve your queries. still if you have all investigations declared clear then you must perform echocardiograph and exercise tolerance test that is performed from cardiology clinic. if still there is no significant findings on them then there is no serious problem and your problem can be labeled as ACS.
thanks with regard
Answered: Tue, 1 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor