Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What are angina attacks ? How can they be medically treated and prevented ?

How long should I leave my angina attack before seeking medical advice In 2008 I had a stent put in and then April 2011 I had a triple bypass which I found out in may 2010 that two of the grafts have failed and is being treated with maximal medication over the last two months the angina attacks have started getting worse again i ve been adviced to sit down for half an hour and let the pain go away but my pain can last up to 5 hours or longer
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
welcome ...
as u have already underwent stenting and bypass grafting, unfortunately which was failed within one month.
even after the failed Bypass grafts, sometime we can open the failed graft artery by stenting (PTCA).
that can be done by an expert INTERVENTIONAL cardiologist.
to get releif from ANGINA definitely its better to open the closed artery and also proper anti anginal medications, like Metoprolol, Carvedilol, aspirin, clopedogrel atorvastatin, nitrates etc to be given atleast OPTIMUM doze. in that manner definitely u will get releif from ANGINA.
please consult a expert INTERVENTIONAL cardiologist along with ur angiogram CD.
wish u a angina free healthy life ...
Answered: Wed, 8 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for query
You should consult your cadiologist & cardiac surgeon both ,there is no question of waiting to let angina get worst .
Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor