Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What additional blood tests should be ordered for a alcoholic person?

What additional blood tests should be ordered when a patient is an alcoholic? My boyfriend is going to see his GP to request a full blood workup due to recent chest pains and a visit to the hospital emergency. He has been drinking a lot of alcohol over the past several years, and I was wondering if there are additional blood tests he should request from his doctor that might point out problems with liver/ spleen function or vitamin deficiencies. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  276
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
liver funtion test, clotting screen, amylase, and the normal U&S's FBC and bone. If any of these are abnormal the GP will order more. Hope that helps ya.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor