Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

What action can be taken for a severe backbone injury ?

Hi my elder sister fall down from terrace and got ingury in the lower back. Now she is not able to make any movements and is bed ridden??? Can u suggest me what we should do further????
Asked On : Sun, 8 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

She needs to be evaluated by a spine surgeon or preliminarily by a Orthopedician through x ray and MRI.
The injury can be assessed through these and can be planned for surgery based on the mode of injury.
Your history could indicate quadriplegia if she is not able to move all the four limbs.
So I suggest you to go to a spine surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.

Answered: Fri, 2 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor