What Is Harpies Disease ?

What Is Harpies Disease And How Can People Get This Disease?
Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
herpes is medically known as herpes zoster.it is one of very painful condition. usual site is on the rib i.e on the chest, another site is on the face,where trigeminal nerve is affected.
it is time limited disease,cured after some time,if it is severe, leave marks on the part affected.
anti viral medicines and analgesic are given

3 users find this helpful

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Its is viral infection.

it could be dangerous if not treated on time

It is treated with anti viral drugs

General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi naina;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Herpes is a viral infection caused by same virus which causes chicken pox .There is another viral herpes called herpes simplex.Normally the pox virus remains dormant in spine for years which when triggered by some factor produces herpes.It is a self limiting disease and other than few antiviral the treatment is mostly symptomatic & the disease subsides in 10-15 days.In any case of further queries you can ask again by posting your question.
Thanks