What Is Food Intolerance ?

hi , What Is Food Intolerance ?
Fri, 23 Oct 2009
's  Response

What is food intolerance?
When ingestion of a particular food or food additive
causes unpleasant symptoms, a person is said to be
intolerant to that food or additive. Symptoms occur as a
result of either poor absorption from the intestine into the
bloodstream or less commonly by the release of chemicals
within the body occurring as a result of contact of the food/
additive with the body.

KARTIKEYA's  Response

The most common symptoms are:
gas, bloating, nausea, diarrhea and abdominal pain. Less
common symptoms include shock, welts, fluid retention,
rash, wheezing, inflamed sinuses/eyes/nose, vocal cord
swelling and, rarely, a migraine headache.

My fiance has periodic onsets of a bad stomach ache. He gets bloated, has pains on his right side, just below his ribs and in the center just below his rib cage. he gets nuasiated, and almost always throws up when this happens. it has lasted as short as one day, up to a week one time. I know that when he stresses about things, I do believe it brings it on. But i m beginning to wonder if it isn t possibly a food intolerance he s suffering from. I heard about many people having a problem with gluten, so i wondered if you could tell me what foods have gluten in them, so i can construct a diet for him to try. Thank-you for your time.

I have lots of food intolerances and allergies. I found that they got worst when I started Invisalign. I finished the Invisalign but wear something similar every night to maintain the new alignment. I colleague recently had similar issues and was directed to a specialist in and he is finding many of the symptoms going away, but he can t remember what kind of specialist so I can ask my GP to see one also. Any ideas what kind of specialist it would be?

My 3 year 9 month old son has had fever (99-100 during the day, 100-102 at night) and diarrhea (but, he frequently has loose stools and has multiple food intolerances) for 5 days now. His fever goes down in the day and his energy level is normal except he is a little more whiny than normal and he has very little appetite. His sleep has been broken since the fever goes up at night. I haven t given him any fever reducers. His lips are getting pretty chapped. My nephew was diagnosed with type b infuenza on monday and we played with him over the weekend. At first I was fairly certain we got sick from him, but I m concerned about his lips starting to crack and the duration. Is lip cracking normal for the flu and is ?

Recent questions on  Irritable bowel syndrome

hi, my name is Namrata. i've been suffering from stomach problem like uneasiness in stomach mostly at night.
It makes me feel dizzy and sometimes breathless. but offlate i understood that my stomach is suffering from gas and at times loose motions.
my doc said that i'm suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. and has given me Ibset,Econorm sachet and Esoz 40.
it's been one day since my medication has started,but yesterday night again i got up at 4 am with uneasiness in my stomach,but it subsided soon.What can be the cause sir?

I have been diagnosed with diverticulitis and then had that overturnedand changed to IBS. I have been suffering for years with bad bowel habits as well as stomach cramps/pains/and bloating (gas). I have also gotten used to hearing my food/beverages digest after consumption and sometimes even when I do not eat I hear these uncomfortable yet familiar noises. During my colonoscopy I was told I have internal hemorrhoids as well as an ulcer. Majority of the timewhen I have a bowel movement I also see a light colored mucus substance. At timesI can use bathroom and continually just get clear or yellowish mucus instead ofactually going to the restroom. I have had episodes of bleeding light color blood for the past few years and have suffered from symptoms that range from migraines,extreme loss of weight and muscle pain sometimes so bad in my knee it is hard to walk or stand. Just yesterday I woke up and my arm was extremely sore and I honestly cannot explain the pain.something like a pulling sensation. This lasted for almost the entire day. I am just wondering if any of these signs sound familiar and what it could be. I am sure I have a lot of symptoms for IBS but I honestly think I may be battling something else. I was a size 12 and started losing weight until I got to a size 4. I got pregnant and shortly after having my child I begin to lose weight again, until I was down to a size 0 which I still am today. Something is not right and I am not sure what other avenues to turn too. Thank you in advance. I would also like to mention that for a while I was determined that I had celiac.I was tested (by blood) and told I did not have the trait to carry this disease.

My daughter is only 15 years old and she has been having problems with bladder and kidney infections since she in the third grade. The doctors think she might have innerstitial cystitis. She pees every 5 minutes and and has a lot of pain and burning in her bladder and her kidneys. She was checked for a kidney and bladder it was negative. She has a lot of constipation and diarrhea. I think she might have IBS. I have a lot of research on leaky gut syndrome and she has a lot of the symptoms. She has to have some tests done to find out what is going on. These doctors just seem to be dragging their feet. We are very desperate please us thank you Nicole teague

I just finished eating and my stomach started cramping real bad.I had a little gas, and a loose bowel movement, and then It was like acid or bile coming out. I have been having pain in my right side under my ribs and in my right back. Very painful. I am 61 years old , weight is 188,Height is 5ft.6in. I do have irritable bowel but it hasn't been bothering me a lot lately.

I get a lower back pain which is excrucitating right after my cycle ends.its remians for 4-5 days. And have to take painkillers.Its very debiliating.The feeling is like something in stuck inside which is unable to come out.My lower portion gets...

mainly whenever I we eat little spicy food then I will be having loose motion problem..can you suggest some medicine or syrup.

The symptoms are for a 62 year old woman who is hypothyroid, takes 25 micrograms of tirosint and also takes 290 micrograms of Linzess for IBS . She has had symptoms of "emptying" her colon when it is like a "plunger" was used to unclog pipes....