What Is Food Intolerance ?

hi , What Is Food Intolerance ?
Fri, 23 Oct 2009
's  Response

What is food intolerance?
When ingestion of a particular food or food additive
causes unpleasant symptoms, a person is said to be
intolerant to that food or additive. Symptoms occur as a
result of either poor absorption from the intestine into the
bloodstream or less commonly by the release of chemicals
within the body occurring as a result of contact of the food/
additive with the body.

KARTIKEYA's  Response

The most common symptoms are:
gas, bloating, nausea, diarrhea and abdominal pain. Less
common symptoms include shock, welts, fluid retention,
rash, wheezing, inflamed sinuses/eyes/nose, vocal cord
swelling and, rarely, a migraine headache.

My fiance has periodic onsets of a bad stomach ache. He gets bloated, has pains on his right side, just below his ribs and in the center just below his rib cage. he gets nuasiated, and almost always throws up when this happens. it has lasted as short as one day, up to a week one time. I know that when he stresses about things, I do believe it brings it on. But i m beginning to wonder if it isn t possibly a food intolerance he s suffering from. I heard about many people having a problem with gluten, so i wondered if you could tell me what foods have gluten in them, so i can construct a diet for him to try. Thank-you for your time.

I have lots of food intolerances and allergies. I found that they got worst when I started Invisalign. I finished the Invisalign but wear something similar every night to maintain the new alignment. I colleague recently had similar issues and was directed to a specialist in and he is finding many of the symptoms going away, but he can t remember what kind of specialist so I can ask my GP to see one also. Any ideas what kind of specialist it would be?

My 3 year 9 month old son has had fever (99-100 during the day, 100-102 at night) and diarrhea (but, he frequently has loose stools and has multiple food intolerances) for 5 days now. His fever goes down in the day and his energy level is normal except he is a little more whiny than normal and he has very little appetite. His sleep has been broken since the fever goes up at night. I haven t given him any fever reducers. His lips are getting pretty chapped. My nephew was diagnosed with type b infuenza on monday and we played with him over the weekend. At first I was fairly certain we got sick from him, but I m concerned about his lips starting to crack and the duration. Is lip cracking normal for the flu and is ?

Recent questions on  Irritable bowel syndrome

i am worried out of my head, and too scared to get tested so i am going to try to get some peace of mind from one of these forums. here's how it started i received unprotected oral sex from a prostitute. about a week later, i had a high fever without any symptoms other than fatigue. i got better, but about two weeks later i started coughing. i had a cronic cough for about two months, didn't think anything about it. then, one day i noticed a white coating on my tongue and started looking these symptoms up. i freaked out. about a couple of months with only the tongue problem and a lot of hours of research on the internet i was getting symptom after symptom. the one that is the most disturbing is my CONSTANT stomach growling. all day long, especially when i am laying down. so it's been about five months and i still have these two symptoms, stomach growling and white coating on tongue, and a mild sore throat which is worse in the morning. had some standard blood tests everything came up fine, which makes me worry even worse. i was prescribed nexium for acid reflux. from all of this, and my internet research i think i could have: -GERD -Irritable Bowel Syndrome -Oral THRUSH -Stress/anxiety -HIV (hope not) -Allergies -coeliac disease Plus, I have a huge canker sore on my lower lip for about a week now. Thank You!

I have been experiencing some discomfort from my tailbone over the last few months. Recently I have been using a foam pad with a cut out for the tailbone area and it is making a big difference. I have been taking Advil on a somewhat regular basis to help. It seems to be healing , but its healing slowly. One thing that has been really annoying about this is that over the last few months, I have been having difficulty making a bowel movement . In the last few days I have not made a bowel movement. I took a laxative 2 days ago and it really helped, but since then I have not made a bowel movement (other than a couple very small ones).

Hello My SIster gets super sharp pains in her abdominal area and becomes super weak and shaky and just sits there and cries or sits over holding her stomach in so much pain. She will be completely fine and then it just happens. What would you say in your opinion this sounds like? She is 24 and symptoms like this started at age 6, and it s like things get worse and then she will have a period of being somewhat decent but still irritable bowel and diarrhea .

For the past several months, I have been experiencing severe nausea (sometimes vomiting), dizziness , sweating/chills, and abdominal pain each and every time I have a bowel movement and also when I wake up morning. Sometimes it feels like I am very hungry but the thought of eating food makes me even more sick feeling. I am a Type II diabetic and I have been diagnosed with IBS at age 15. The only relief I get from these symptoms is by taking a hot bath/shower to soothe my stomach. I am a 31 y/o female, smoker.

I get a lower back pain which is excrucitating right after my cycle ends.its remians for 4-5 days. And have to take painkillers.Its very debiliating.The feeling is like something in stuck inside which is unable to come out.My lower portion gets...

mainly whenever I we eat little spicy food then I will be having loose motion problem..can you suggest some medicine or syrup.

The symptoms are for a 62 year old woman who is hypothyroid, takes 25 micrograms of tirosint and also takes 290 micrograms of Linzess for IBS . She has had symptoms of "emptying" her colon when it is like a "plunger" was used to unclog pipes....