What Causes Constant Redness And Thick Watery Eyes?

My eyes are constantly red and watering it is a thicker than water I thought it was allergys I take an Allegra everyday I was using visine total but was advised to stop that it makes your eyes worse. When I wake up they are swollen,red and sometimes crusty
Wed, 11 Sep 2019

* Most common cause is adenovirus infection affecting eyes and giving rise to acute conjunctivitis.

* Following are best recommendations

- thorough splashing with cold water for 5 minutes each every 4 hourly
- drink more liquids
- wear protective eyeglasses to avoid exposure to pollen or dust
- prescription of antibiotic drops as moxifloxacin or else from your doc
- over the counter medicine cetrizine or diphenhydramine for itching control.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon