Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Weird pop in the wrist, electric sensation in the hand after lifting a box causing severe pain in wrist and forearm. Sign of carpal tunnel?

Hi there, I recently lifted a box and felt a weird pop in wrist and electric sensation in hand, now it hurts severe, cannot barely bend wrist forward or backward, severe pain in wrist and forearm and even to move fingers now. had xray , showed up fine. waiting for nerve study! could this be more than possible carpal tunnel syndrome
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  232
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not think that carpel tunnel syndrome can occur suddenly. I would like to suggest you to wait till EMG report comes then we can decide treatment accordingly. Till you get that report i would suggest you to take pregabalin and methylcobal tablet for pain relief. Avoid keeping your hand in sameposition for long time.
Answered: Sun, 4 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor