Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Weight loss, no appetite, excessive thirst, back pain. History of mononucleosis. Treatment options?

I am a 22 year old female collehe senior. I used to run division I collegiate track and was very healthy until I got mononucleosis. It is possible for the symptoms to return 2 years later? I have lost weight because I have no appetite but thirsty alot so I drink at least 5 Full 24oz water botella a Day and still am trying to get back to running but my body feels week and I can only run for 45 min. I have lower back pain , irregular periods and want to sleep at least 11 or more hours everynight.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Symptoms as you mentioned like losing weight, loss of appetite, excess thirst has lots of other causes than to think about Infectious Mononucleosis. But if you want to rule it out, there are investigations like monospot test to rule it out. I suggest a Gynecology visit based on your symptoms. You may need routine investigations like CBP, Conplete UE, Ultrasound Abdomen/ pelvis. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:

Wish you good health!
Answered: Fri, 18 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor