Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Weight increased, having thyroid hypofunction. Taking thyrox 200 mg. Not cured. Blood test done. What should i do?

hi sir my health body hevy weight increased last two years. i am confirm the thyroid hypofunction. i am using thyrox 200 mg tablets using daily morning . but no useful is my opinion. i am recently cheek the blood test giving 30 may 2012 and report release on 1- june 2012. the results are C.L.I.A METHOD T3: 10; T4 : 0.3 ; TSH : 126.01 AND MY LIPID PROFILE IS PHOTOMTRY METHOD IS CHOLOSTEROL TOTAL: 287 mg% ; CHOLOSTEROL HDL-DIRECT: 21;TRIGLYERDES : 595.2; LDL CHOLOSTEROL : 147.56 and VLDL CHOLOSTEROL :119.04(CALCULATED); TC/HDL CHOLOSTEROL RATIO: 13.7(CALCULATED); LDL/HDL RATIO : 7.03 (CALCULATED) . PLEASE SUGGESTION GIVE ME
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi there,

I am a cardiologist and thank you for writing in.

Let us enumerate your ptoblems and see what you with medical help do together:

1. Hypothyroidism on treatment, I hope your medical specialist or endocrinologist have seen the reports; please leave monitoring of dose of thyroxine to your doctor. To me it appears we are moving towards control but yet not there.

2. Weight: obesity associated with lack of exercise is a risk factor for coronary artery heart disease. Agreed, hypothyroidism plays a role but factors like diet and exercise can not be ignored. To this you have additional risk factor:

3. Dyslipidemia elevated bad cholesterol that are Total Cholesterol, LDL and Triglycerides and decreased good cholesterol that is HDL. You have not mentioned any medicine you are taking. Diet and exercise will help but you will need to consult your doctor for prescription drug.

With best wishes.

Dr Anil Grover
Answered: Tue, 5 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chandana Krishna's  Response
Thank u for choosing HCM...
Ideally triglycerides should be less than 150mg/dl
Triglyceride of more than 200 requires treatment..
Dietary modifications to be followed by you are:
-restriction of carbohydrates and fat in the diet
-taking fibre rich food like vegetables
-avoid fat rich food like nonvegetarian food..You can consume fish..
-Medications like niacin and statins should be started
Visit a doctor with your report and get a thorough cardiological examination...
He will put you on appropriate treatment...
Answered: Tue, 5 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor