Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Weight gain post childbirth, back pain. Family history of obesity. Will Unani medication help?

dear doctor,iam from XXXXXX, iam 33yrs,height 5.1 , i have 2 childrens 6ys and 2.6yrs. i was 56 to 61 on the first delivery, 2nd delivery my weight came to 69 now it increased to 71. as the same having backpain , i want to put my weight down. can you please help me, is unani medicine will help me. i just start taking medicine from today. please give me suggestions. thank u. As the same my son is 6ys old, studying in 1st standard, but he is having wieght is 32, he is not having any medical treatment. please suggest me want to do for my son.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Well,this problem according to my experience is related with the uterus mainly after pregnancy.If the uterine muscle don't contract well after pregnancy then the apana vikruti takes place;due to this the vayu accumulates and srotorodha becomes prominent. this also affects the blood circulation and mental health.
1)Application of hing surround umbilicus in paste form at least at bed time
2)prataplankeshwar rasa/nityanada rasa/various guggule kalpa/shankha bhasma/asthimajjapachak yoga and many more drugs with
3)dhanwanter/kalyanaka/mahapanchagavya/sukumar ghritam thrice a day is quite effective.
4)easy digestive food is recommended.
5) good mental health supports treatment.
6)hot application of brick, hot metal pad on abdomen region at least for 30 mins essential to anuloma the vayu.
These all medication are based on my nadi chikitsa and references from ayurvedic samhitas.You should take an appointment from ayurved vaidya having knowledge of nadi chikitsa. Good luck!
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. weight gain after child birth, please check for Thyroid levels/blood sugar and lipid profile.
2. Consult a good Dietitian who will plan a healthy an effective regime for you (if blood reports come out to be normal).
Answered: Mon, 12 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Bhakti Ruparelia's  Response
hello, quite a long period has passed after your second child but still u can go for excercise and yoga wit proper diet for ur son make his growth harmone and thyroid test done if its normal no need to worry just change his diet pattern
take care
Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor