Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Weight gain, low appetite post long term use of Rcinx. Is there any other alternative?

Hi my mother has been taking Rcinx 450 since 1 year. her doctor says to continue the medication for 6mths more. due to this medication she has put on some weight and lost taste to foods. She wants to stop the medication due to above. I would like to know if there is any test that can decide if she can stop the medication or not.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! The duration depends on what organ was involved. Usually extra pulmonary tuberculosis takes longer duration to heal and the drug therapy is also longer. Your treating doctor is the best judge to decide the duration of treatment and if your mother has gained weight following treatment, then there is no much to worry. There is no such definite test known, which can decide if the medications can be stopped or not. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 31 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor