Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Wearing classes of combination +1.5 (sph), -75 (cyl) for near vision. Suggestions?

Sir, I'm a 45-year-old woman wearing glasses since i was 18. I was given a combination of +1.5 (sph) and -.75 (cyl) for near vision, in addition to distant vision power. I want to know whether for near vision minus power is ok. Also, why my optometrist added -.75 (cyl) to my near vision, while a year ago my ophthalmologists added only +1.5 for near vision ?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Uma, Cylinder power is never added for near correction .You may be wrong as it would be for your distant vision.At the age of 45 a +1.5 D sph is corellating to the presbyopic correction of near vision.Do show an ophthalmologist if you have a doubt and you are not comfortable with the present glass...TC..Dr Ajay S Kar
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor