Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Weak eyesight. Glasses provide no relief. Eye cornea operation futile. Name of disease?

My wife s eyesight is weak, she is 20 year old. when she was 14 year old she fell that there eyesight is going to weak she try to wear glasses but they didn t help her. Doctors say its a different kind of eyesight weak problem glasses will never help you and neither improved your eyesight if you change your eye cornea through operation. what can i do for her? whats her disease name?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  202
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that your daughter is having some disease of the inner layer of the eye as your have been told that it is not related to eye sight or cornea.
Retinal dystrophies are commonly seen in this age. Hence I advice you to consult your ophthalmologist for correct diagnosis by simple investigations like indirect ophthalmoscopy and treatment accordingly.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor