We are planning for a baby now

Hi, I am a 30 year old woman, married for the last 4 years. We are planning for a baby now. My husband is in the army, and is away currently. He is expected to be back by June next year, and we would be living together again. For the time in hand now, would like to understand what are some of the things that I could get myself checked for, and be sure of. I have been working last 8=9 years, and have usually a fairly sedentary lifestyle. I also travel a lot due to my job requirements. I am planning to take a sabbatical, once I get in the family way. Please let me know if we could follow a chart for specific dates in my cycle. FYI - My marriage took a long time to consummate since I had a big mental block and feared pain. My husband is very loving and caring, and we knew each other for 5 years before we got married and were sexually active too, however, the actual consummation happened much later, since I would clam up. I still sometimes experience some pain, and usually dont enjoy the penetrated tintercourse. My periods are regular, tend to get heavy, but occur on time. I entered puberty at the age of 10. Please let me know some specifics that I need to be aware of before getting pregnant. Many thanks in advance.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
As if you are now 30, you should do hurry in getting pregnanacy.You get done your basic gynaecological examination, ultrasound examination, let the doctor know about the medicines you are taking if any. Fertile periods are between 10th to 15th day of your periods as your cycles are regular. You should have intercourse during these days. If you do not get pregnancy during your husbands stay and he is not coming back for long time, the another option is ,your husband may get done 3-4 samples of his semen frozen at a laboratory with such facilities which can be used even in his absence.