Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Ways to detach the foreskin

Hi Doctor, I m 30 years old guy and I have a question that there is skin connected to my penis , it s on forefront part of my penis. I think it s called frenulum. I ve never had sex but I ve heard that it pains and bleed a lot when it breaks during sex. I m going to get married may be this year so I m worried about this. Once I was masturbating and a little part broke and it started bleeding and paining. Is there any way that I can detach this foreskin with some kind of balm or spray? I shall be very thankful to you.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1235
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

Frenulum is a normal thin skin connecting foreskin to corona of glans penis. It may break during sex act which may cause some pain and bleeding. If it is very tightly holding together the above mentioned structures, it is called Frenulum breve. This can be problematic during sex.

It is advisable not to try to break it yourself as this can lead to complications like heavy bleeding and infection and further restriction of movement due to scar tissue formation.

If you have sex with good lubrication, there are less chances of this breaking and less chance of pain and bleeding.

You may consult your General Surgeon in this regard. Steroid creams or a surgery called Frenectomy can be advised according to your condition.

Wishing good health.


Answered: Mon, 30 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor