Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Waxed upper lip, left the burn mark. It was sore. Bleeding after peeling, scab formed. How to get rid of burn mark?

Hi. I have had a problem with a burn mark on my face. I waxed my upper lip and it left a mark. I called it a rash . It was sore and I had school so I wanted to get rid of it. I actually peeled it, but it slightly was bleeding so it formed a new scab over it. Soon, I peeled it and it left a mark. The mark is brown. Its slightly darker then my skin colour (brown). My dad, who is a doctor, said it was going to go in time . I had no patience though, so I ordered Silikia Re-Gen Cream which says it treats stretch marks , blemished skin and scars. It has been a while and my mark still hasnt got yet. My dad said it isn t permanent, but I am worried. I really desperately need it to go. Please give information and advice.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1412
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear emaan..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Post pigmented waxing common side effect..,
of waxing of any where in the body,.,
Due to pulling of hairbud will lead to inflammation..,
This inflammation resolved by adding pigmentation...called.,
PIP...Post Pigmented Inflammation..,
This is due to accumulation of Melanocyte and Keraticytes..,
But it can resolve itself within 6 wks time..,
So don't worry......apply Mild steroid -Momentasome cream
Cap...Vit E and antioxidants for 15 days..,
Answered: Sat, 23 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor