Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Waxed underarms with wax strips, turned red, brown colored patches in underarms. How long will it take to go back to normal?

i waxed my underarms with some wax strips that i bought at a pharmacy they turned my underarms red after that they turned brown, now theres a big brown patch on my underarms how do i get rid of it? long will it take to go back to normal?....also i dont think it was beacuse the was hot because all i had to do it warm up the wax by rubing my hands on the strip
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  635
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
I would be pleased to answer your question .

You seem to have got Irritant Contact Dermatitis or Pigment Contact Dermatitis.
It is not due to the heat but due to irritation of the skin due to some component your skin is not used to.
You will need to apply a mild steroid ointment which you can get by prescription from your GP or Dermatologist.
It will take 15 days to 20 days for the lesion to resolve.

Thanks and Take care.

Answered: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor