Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Watery eye, blocked tear duct. Have sinusitis, blocked nose. Possible to get rhinoplasty done?

Good evening sir i have watery eye for 24 hours and after consulting an Ent dct he told me that mine tear duct are blocked and to get recoved he advised me to go under surgery with which am afraid as i also have the sinusitis problem too and mine nose get oftenly blocked.As i also want a rihinoplastry and with this procedure is this possible to get mine tear duct surgery too. please answer m waiting
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Let us go through your problems in a methodical manner:
1. If your tear duct is blocked then you need to undergo an surgery called the DCR or dacrocystorhinostomy surgery which in capable hands can have a good outcome and requires anesthesia. It is done within the nose using endoscope
2. If you have sinus problem then it must be evaluated further and only then can a definitive treatment depending on the findings and the symptoms can be decided upon. The sinus surgery is an extension of the above surgery and in fact can be combined with the first surgery since the technique and instruments are similar.
3. Rhinoplasty surgery is a little more extensive surgery that the above two surgery but even this surgery can be combined with the above two surgeries so that you can finish all the surgeries in one sitting!!

So my advice is to consult an ENT who performs all these type of surgeries (I have good experience in all these) and go for all the three surgeries in a single shot

all the surgeries are done via the endoscope and have a recovery period of around one to two weeks. All are performed in general anesthesia and have none or very little scar

take care and decide properly

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Sat, 24 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor