Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Water under skin. Chest X-ray indicated mild cardiomegaly. Help

hi please I want an answer to my question urgently my mother is a 57 years old female she has: -water under skin . we made chest x-ray and it indicated mild cardiomegaly - blood picture showed high leucocye count with increased neutrophils - she has pain in her left arm - she is fatigue - olso she has a right kidny stone of 7.6 mm size and gravels in both kidnies - normal creatinin level
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Your mother has water under skin ? oedema where it is located as cardiac cause may lead to dependant commonly on lower limbs (Feet)

There is cardiomegaly ,Is she having breathing difficulty also?and fatigue also Blood count is high so she may be having Infection in chest or kidneys also.

There are silent kidney stones they may not cause pain but lead to infection?

What kind of pain she is having She must undertake a ECG to see any heart problem.

Then if required she should be hospitalized.

She may be having cardiac failure may requre immediate attention.

Also any other abnormality detected will be taken care off.

All the Best.
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Mayank Bhargava's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
What are her other symptoms?
Pain in left arm with cardiomegaly and edema suggest some cardiac etiology behind all symptoms.
Has she undergone ECG and 2 D echo for cardiac status evaluation? What was their reports?
She is getting tired and fatigue because of low cardiac output.
If renal stones is the cause of edema then she must have deranged renal function (her creatinine is normal so not applicable in her case).
You should consult with physician & cardiologist and should go for cardiac evaluation.
You should also go for serum proteins, serum albumin & globulin, urine analysis, serum electrolytes.
She should also take diuretics for rapid relief of her symptoms.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor