Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Was urinating a small amount of blood, fatty blob, painful. What is wrong?

Hi, earlier today I was urinating and after all of itnhad passed out I noticed a trace amount of blood . Following this a weird blob type ball came out, it looked very fatty. I experienced no pain at all and when I urinated later on in the day sometimes there would be no blood or sometimes there would be trace amounts following urination . Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

There could be two possibilities for the passage of blood and some other clot-like substance in your urine:
1) a stone in the ureter or kidneys
2) a urinary tract infection (and the clot like fatty material could be a "cast")

This problem definitely needs to be looked into and I would advise you to have a urine routine test done to determine the possible cause of your symptoms. In addition, I would suggest that you drink plenty of fluids. Drinking Cranberry juice can also help since it is a natural urinary antiseptic.
Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor