Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Warts in pubic area, swelling, pain, infection. Used anti bacterial. What is going on?

I had warts in my pubic area and around testicles. Two days ago , I applies acid treatment (bought on Ebay, stupid I know) , and now, although warts are being falling down, I have injuries where I applied acids, yeserday I applied antibacterial ointment, then I read that ist better to leave would line this. Pain has reduced dramatically and swelling as well.
My question is, should i get back to put antibacterial ointment or not? how can I avoid infection there since its covered , area and kind of damp due to that liquid from injuries (which is not pus).?
how can I fasten the healing process, how much time would it take?
Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
You had developed Viral warts upon which you did chemical cautery by yourself...
Firstly, i would like to tell you that although chemical cautery is the most commonly used modality for treatment of viral wart, it is always better that it is done either by a medical specialist or under medical supervision.
Now , in your case you have developed you have developed burns due to excess application of the chemical.
Firstly, keep the area clean and dry as much as possible...Clean with lukewarm water twice a day and apply an antibiotic cream containing Mupirocin over the lesion atleast twice a day.
You have developed superficial wounds which might take 5-7 days to completely heal,,You can take some oral pain killers to relieve the pain.
Sometimes, if the pain and swelling increases inspite of above measures, you might need a course of oral antibiotics

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Kalpana Pathak's  Response
Hi Sohaib,
Thanks for writing to us.
Acids like salicylic acid are used to treat warts. However one should take help of a qualified dermatologist for the procedure as inadvertant application can lead to burns, erosions and ulceration.
Now to treat your injuries, you may do Luke warm water compresses followed by application of mupirocin or fusidic acid twice daily.
Try to keep area dry, wear loose underclothes. Hopefully in few days the lesions should crust and heal. If oozing swelling pain persists, kindly consult a doctor to get a prescription of oral antibiotics and analgesics.
Hope that helped.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor