Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Wants to pre-pone periods, prevent pregnancy due to sexual contact. Which medications will help?

hi sir good morning i m 24 year periods was going on normally. my marriage will on 5 of febuary and my problem is that my expected period date will be on 3 of febuary. so sir what can i do to overcome ths problem which type of medicine will i take so that my period will prepone and prevent pregnancy. so that i can easily make sexual contact with my husband. sir plz reply soon
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thaks for your question.
There is no way to pre pone the periods.How ever you can postpone your periods from februsary 3 to as long as you want.This can be achieved by taking 5mg of norethisterone 4 to 5 days before the expected periods and continue as long as you want your period to remain suspened.However this will only delay the periods ad will not prevent the pregnancy,for which you have to restore other means of contraception.This is not the OTC medicine.You have to consult a gynaecologist for prescription for norethisterone.Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Tue, 15 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor