Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Wants to increase height, very fit and muscular. Medication to increase height?

My son just turned 17 three days ago and he is about 5 8. I m 5 11 and his mother was about 5 7. His grandfather and grand mother were over 6 0 but I was wondering if he will grow and what can I do to increase his hieght. He also started lifting weights in 8th grade and was pretty muscular but I just want to know if he can increase his hieght in any way.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

For your information, human beings grow consistently upto the age of 21 or 22 unless there is any medical or genetical troubles. Your son is just 17 and you can rest assured, he will grow up to 22. Height increases when bone length increases and muscles may not have any role to play except keeping the body erect.
Proper food habits can enhance bone growth. Sleep straight and do stretching exercise. Calcium increases bone strength and growth.
Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor