Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Wants to increase height. Is there any growth hormone injection which will help me?

hi doctor..i am 22 year old guy..i am very much concerned for my height.i am only 5 5 ..i want to increase my height by 2-3 inches atleast.What is the best possible way to do that???is there any therapy??or any growth hormone injection or something like that??i am in u know any good doctors who can help me out??
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1002
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Height is genetically determined and you cannot increase your height at this point of time. Epiphyseal closure which is completed at around 18 years of age results in stoppage of growth in males. No hormones would increase your height and on the contrary might be detrimental to your health! There are a few surgical procedures but these are not done because of the fear of complications.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor