Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Want to start a family, unable to conceive. History of uterine fibroid with recurrence, had myomectomy. Can I go for artificial insemination ?

Hello, My fiancee and I are looking to start a family after we get married. Unfortunately, I found out he has an ED after the relationship started. I have history of uterine fibroids and I had a myomectomy surgery 2 years ago. I understand that the fibroids may grow back again, and I had like to start a family before they do. I discussed this with my fiancee 2 years ago and he was supportive of me. Now, when I am ready to have a baby I find he has ED. We have not been able to have successful intercourse in the past year. I took him to his doctor but she does not think there is a physiological problem. So she ordered him to see a therapist which is frustrating. I ask him to see an urologist and he gave him a prescription for viagra . My fiancee does not tell his doctors everything. He dances around the sex subject and the doctors think its only in his head. I insisted he had tests done, the doctor orders testesterone test and she said it was within normal ranges. I do not know what else to do. Both his family doctor and urologist are not very supportive and are refusing to order any more tests. I do not know what else to do or how to talk to him about this. The ED problem is making it impossible for us to have intercourse and I am starting to consider perhaps artificial insemination . Please advise how I can talk to his doctors to get him the help he needs. Thank you, AAAAA
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
hi..AAAA...have your fiancee taken viagra...for how long...was the intercourse successful after taking that viagra...please consult another whom you both are new....go to urologist as well as gynecologist ....u can take consultation from psychologist also after uro and gynec rules out any organic problem..and...any doctor checked your hubbie's nocturnal penile tumescence...what are the tests done for your fiancee...?Is semen analysis normal? Have u ever had successful intercourse?have u ever felt orgasm? Artificial insemination can be done but first have proper consultation...
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor