Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Want to prepone periods. What should be done?

I am due to start my period on Thur 2/7/13, which typically lasts until Sat or Sun. I am also going on a beachside vacation that same Thur to Sun. How can I get my period started sooner? Many, many, many years ago, I was told to take 2 active pills and then 2 more after 8 hours or 12 hours. It actually worked bec I got my period shortly after having taken the 2nd 2 pills. Can I do the same? I paid a lot for my vacation to not have a good time on the beach worrying about my menstruation and cramping. Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You can prepone your menstrual cycle by taking progesterone supplements for 5 days. You will get your periods within 7 days of stopping medication.
You need to have doctors prescription for the same. Postponing menstruation is better than preponing the cycle.
Beware of the menstrual irregularities following preponement of menstrual period.

Hpe this helps,
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor