Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Want to increase height.

is there any proper medicine to increase height?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  2507
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. you haven't mentioned about your age,height.
2. practically speaking height of a person increases till the age of 18, there after the epiphyseal cartilage of bone closes and prevent further lengthening of bones.
3. If the physique and height of parents are short, it is possible that the off spring will also be short in stature.
4. make sure you get proper sleep, remain stress free,take nutritious and well balanced diet aand practice YOGIC exercises that stretch back and spine.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
There are no medications which can increase your height but you can try with Tab.Godanti 1 tab thrice a day for 3 mths and also perform Yogasanas like Halasana/ Dhanurasana and Tadasana
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

height is purely based on genes ayurveda says 'vanshaja or anuvamshika ' hence if both parents are short there may be chance of children growing short and also some time malnuirshed at age of growth phase do not grow, and after 22 or odd boys do not grow that is after attaining puberty and girls too do not grow after puberty hence the person should try to take good calcium rich food and suppliments and ayurveda has some medciines   ghritas which enhance the activity of harmones

Answered: Thu, 4 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Height is determined mainly by your genes. So nothing much could be  done about it. Growth hormone preparations should be considered in the initial stages that is during childhood. Along with this a good nutrition, physical activity in the form of playing games and also treatment of infections and illness shall see to it that you should go to your highest level allowed.

Answered: Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor