Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Want to have baby, having unprotected sex. Done ultrasound. What can be the problem?

Hi, I am a healthy female married for last one year. we, do not use any precautions during sex and want to have a baby. We also visited our doctor, who advised for several tests on me. All tests were ok. even subjected to ultrasound internally to see egg condition and declared ok. what can be problem. With me or my husband.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
After going through your history,your tests are normal this is good, you have not mentioned about your husband he was also tested or not if not then he should be examined to see every thing is fine and apart from routine blood test his Seman analysis and Ultrasonography of abdomen and Scrotum should be done.
If every test of your husband is also comes normal then you must know ovulation takes place 14 days before next expected date of cycle.
There are kits in the market by which you can test ovulation and you can plan sex during those days to increase your chances of conception.
You can take advise from your Gynaecologist if there is any need for any medicine.
Wish you good luck.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response

Welcome to healthcareMagic

Get your husband's semen analysis done to rule out male factor. If husband's semen analysis comes out to be normal and all your tests are normal then you are suffering from unexplained infertility. Try to make sexual contact at the time of ovulation. You can predict ovulation by using calender method or by ovulation detection kits. To increase your chances of getting pregnant you may require ovulation induction drugs so that more than one egg is available for conception ( super ovulation).If you do not get success in 2-3 cycles by timed intercourse,IUI ( intrauterine insemination) can be tried for another 2-3 cycles.

Take care
Answered: Sun, 20 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor