Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Want to get knee replacement done. Am heart patient, controlled BP. Good hospital in Mumbai?

I am from Mumbai. I want to get right knee replacement done for my mother, who is 79 years old, is a heart patient (on heart medicines), though non-diabetic and controlled BP . Can you pl. advise regarding a good hospital in Mumbai (with not excessive expenditure) and also approx. overall cost of surgery. Regards S Chakraborty
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM!

With her heart problem. it is advisable to do the TKR in a big tertiary centre.
Almost all big centres in Mumbai/ Pune offer TKR. Packages vary with amenities and quality of implants and surgeon.

Deenanath Mangeshkar hospital at Pune, where I work offers reasonable packages and very sophistcated surgery and a good ICU is also an option worth considering.
Costs vary around 1-1.5 lacs depending on the amenity package.
You can shop for a suitable centre as per your needs.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.
Good Luck!
I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
Thank you!

Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor