Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Want to conceive. History of pregnancy terminations, miscarriage. What measures to take to conceive, successful pregnancy?

Hi sir, I am married for 4 years.after 8 months i conceived and had spon abortion at 5 th month.After 2 months i conceived again with the advice of my gyne again in 5th month i had miscarrage.then after 8 months i conceived and during the first scan ie 3rd trimester they found the featus malformation so they asked to its been 1 and half years.Now we have been trying but i dint conceive.I m now confused about where to go.Now i am 28 yrs old.kindly suggest me.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
HI Dear you are married from last four years,during these years you got three abortion ,two spontaneous at 5th month and one induced during third trimester,Dear second trimester abortions are usually due to cervical incompetent ,which is treated simply by stich given during first trimester of pregnancy to cervix and removed before delivery called as MacDonald stich,but since you have got malformed fetus third times ,you and your husband need genetic study,of your chromosome, it is better for you to consult some gynecologist
Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Sree Gouri SR's  Response
May 2013
recurrent spontaneous abortions with history of anomalous fetus suggesting chromosomal anomaly as one possibility, if your marriage is consanguineous there is more chance for this,
if so better to go for genetic analysis once,
cervical incompetence is one more possibility for 5th months abortions,
so you better once get examined for incompetence and also ultrasound to rule out structural anomalies of uterus, once get examined for thyroid hormonal levels also,
with this workup possibly the cause can be found out and treatment can be taken accordingly.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor