Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Want to change birth control. Have side effects with Lutera, Orth Tryclen. Can vaginal foam and spermicide be used?

I am wanting to change birth control but do not have a family doctor. I really don't want to use anything but I am married and don't want to risk getting pregnant. I have one child. I am on the pill right now and was just switched to Lutera but am having some uncomfortable side effects. I had been on orth tryclen, brand and off brand in the past only. I am really trying to decide what is the best for me. Can you tell me about vagimal foam and spermicide and if it's possible to use together to prevent pregnancy. I am more concerned about pregnancy than STD's but would like to make the best decision. I would prefer not to use any hormones. I have been on birth conrtrol for a long time and am concerned about the length of time.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,
After going through your history, oral pills are good for contraception under medical supervision.
If you want to use alternative methods there are many with different safety profile like Barrier methods like condom for male and female, there are vaginal tablets with spermicide, but Intrauterine contraceptive device like copper T may be very suitable to you.Please discuss with your Gynecologist for what is best for you.
Barrier method can be combined also to improve their efficacy. They provide additional benefit of protecting against STDs.
There are long acting depot preparations to be used once in 3 months.
Hope this information helps.
Take care.
Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor