Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Want diet for Jaundice patients

Hi Doctor . My name is shashi and I am 25 yrs old. I am suffreing from jaundice (hepatites A).I have been suffreing from 2months. When i first got tested my bilirubin was 34 and i took ayurveidc medicine. It came down to 22 and now it is 16. Iam now taking a little oily food . I would like to know if there is any chances of it increasing. I feel more hungry as well nowdays.I would probably test the bilirubin reading next monday. I would like to know if i can eat banana ,peanuts, wallnuts, cashewnuts now with bilirubin readings.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
u seem to be recovering from the illness. THERE IS NO RESTRICTION AS FAR AS YOUR DIET IS CONCERNED. so please eat as much & what ever u feel like it. as loong as its not food from outside & is home made & hygienely cooked, u are safe.dont bother about your blood report or what ur neighbours say regarding diet.
Answered: Tue, 8 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Shashi
I am Ayurvedic practioner and have cured many patients of jaundice. Regarding dietary advise i convey to my patients is to stop all milk and amilk products and any thing that has fats and oily nature. I advice them to have fresh vegetables and lot of liquid diet specially sugarcane juice if patient is not diabetic. You should not go in with non veg or nuts as all these increase work load for liver which is already not functioning properly.
along with my medicines for jaundice i do prescribe punarnava mandur and arogya vardhini vati which hasten recovery.
Answered: Tue, 8 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor