Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Walking with hand support due to polio-afflicted leg. Can surgery help?

i am affected with polio ,my right leg is affected, i use to walk with the hand support,is their any way to change this,i mean by any surgery? please help if yes, please tell what are possibilities for that,how long it will take after surgery, His age is 34,polio occurs at the age of 2 days., If possible how it will cost doctor ,please provide your valuable suggestion doctors?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Yes polio affected leg can be surgically manipulated and if not affected much it can be made capable of bearing your weight and even walking
But all this depends on the affection of the leg means how much is it affected. It can't be decided just like that, you see an orthopedician and after examining you and reports he will be able to tell you what surgery you need and how much can it be corrected.
See an orthopedician at your place
Answered: Sat, 9 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor