• question-icon

WPW, MVP with Pain in right thigh no redness, swelling.Is it a thyroid issue?

Pain in Right Thigh - no redness, swelling or bruising - Just Pain I have a pain in my right thigh about two and a half inches above the knee and a little the to right. It feels like it is pulsating. All of the sudden I get a sharp burning pain that slowly subsides. Then it starts all over again in less than a second. It is not tender to the touch, and there are no other signs that anything it is wrong. In other words, no redness or bruising. I am currently 38 yrs and 11 months old. I have mitral-valve prolapse, wolff-parkinson-white syndrom (WPW), and have a history hyperactive thyroid. I have not had to be on medication for the WPW in five-six years, and have not been on thyroid meds for about 3 and a half years. I am a little over weight (about 20 lbs), so I do not think my thyroid is the issue. Anyway, are these types of pains in the leg normal at my age.
Wed, 31 Aug 2011
's  Response
Follow UP - I seen one of my doctors today and they want me to get a complete exam by my General Physician and Endocrinologist. I still do not know if this type of leg pain could be related to my other medical issues (WPW, MVP, Hyperactive Thyroid) or is something that can happen with age and being a little over weight. Feeling this pain made me worry about a blood clot, but I didn't want to panic and run to see the doctor. I only posted it on this board because of my congenital heart condition.
Dr. ritesh k. pandey's  Response
Helo mr .dnt wry ...and tel me its hwmn .days statred and its intensity .frst u go for doppler and x ray of thigh and concert nearer orthopedic .
Cardiologist Dr. Kashan Aslam Shah's  Response
HELLO. WELL YOUR EXISTING PROBLEMS DONT SEEM TO BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR THIGH PAIN . THE AREA YOU MENTIONED IS THE ATTACHMENTS OF TENDONS . YOU ARE OVER WEIGHT AND ARTHRITIS OR TENDONITIS COULD BE THE CAUSE . TRY REDUCE YOUR WEIGHT , GET YOUR URIC ACID LEVELS , GET AN ESR ( BLOOD TEST DONE ) TO SEE IF THERE IS LOCAL INFLAMMATION GOING ON .
DONT STRAIN TO MUCH ON RIGHT LEG AND DO ICE MASSAGE . ACCORDINGLY GET CONSULTATION FROM AN RHEUMATOLOGIST . IT IS PRUDENT TO GET AN APPOINTMENT FROM YOUR ENDOCRINOLOGIST . WISH YOU GOOD LUCK AND STAY HEALTHY . THANKS

Neurologist Dr. Priya Gupta's  Response
you may be having meralgia paresthetica, which may not be related to other associated conditions you have mentioned.