Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online


Hi I m 29 years old. I got my 2nd IUI done last month & it was a double IUI. My Husband’s HSA is perfectly normal. My questions are: 1) Is it advisable to go for an IUI in consecutive months or is it better to take a month s break and then retry with IUI? 2) In my last cycle, the schedule followed was:- i) I took Clofert 50 mg from Day 3 to Day 7. ii) My follicular Study report showed:- Day 13 - Right Ovary: 15 MM, Left ovary: 15-16 MM, Endomertium: 8 mm iii) My doctor advised to go for HUMOG 75 IU IM Injection, post which the status was:- Day 15 - Right Ovary: 15 MM, Left ovary: 24 mm with internal echoes, 22 mm with internal echoes, Endometrium: 9-10 mm iv) HUCOG on Day 15 at 11:00 PM Day 16 – IUI done at 12:15 PM Day 17 IUI done at 2:00 PM Day 19 - Right Ovary: 15 MM, Left ovary: 27 mm cyst with internal echoes, 25 mm cyst with internal echoes, Endometrium: 10 mm. Mild free fluid in Pelvis. My doctor was unsure whether the egg released or no? Day 29 – I got my periods. WAS THE IUI TIMING CORRECT ? WHAT ARE INTERNAL ECHOES? WHAT CAUSES THEM ? CAN IT BE A REASON FOR NON FERTILISATION ? HOW DO I ENSURE HEALTHY EGG DEVELOPMENT IN THE NEXT CYCLE eg Diet etc. Thanks a ton.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  620
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
It is better to do IUI in continuous months with out break till three months.IUI is done if both fallopian tubes are patent which you have not mentioned.In this report you have written does not show rupture of follicle releasing the egg.When the follicle ruptures and the egg is released the follicle collapses which is not seen in your report.The IUI time was correct.The follicle has been converted into cyst and this should disappear after next menses.No egg formation is the reason for non fertilization and for healthy egg development consult your Gynaec she will adjust your dosage of HCG according to your reports.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks Dr. Shainaz for your reply....
Answered: Mon, 11 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor