Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Vulva is itchy, irritable and painful, skin breaking and red, swollen, dry and sore. Help?

Hi. I am 17 years old. My vulva is very itchy and irritated. It has been this way for about a week now. Ive tried wearing loose clothing, changing soaps, etc. but nothing seems to work. It is painful and very uncomfortable. At times, it hurts when I pee. Today I noticed redness and the skin seems to be breaking. It is very dry and is forming sores (bumpy and irritated). It seems to be swollen. Is there anything that can help?! Should I see a doctor? If so, what type of doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  211
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
You probably have fungal infection. It is better to see a doctor as it can spread causing more problem. You can see your family physician.
Answered: Tue, 15 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor