Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Vomiting after eating Chinese food. Chest pain due to gas. Hard lump in rib cage. Will it go away?

Hi my name is Mark. About three days ago i had some chineese food. I ate then before i was done i threw it all up. As soon as i started eating i noticed a sharp feeling working it way up to my middle chest . I got home and i guess it was just a bad, very bad case of gas. It lasted for two days, i was in pain. I tried rolling on my back. nothing. it finnaly went away , but i noticed a hard lump in center of rib cage. Will it go away?? is it just like this just due to bad gas.. Other wise im health, never had that bad gas traped...
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Mark,

Thanks for writing in.
Gas trapping can cause similar sharp pain in chest but it can rarely cause lump over affected area. If lump area is hot to touch, it indicates acute inflammation.
There are many reasons for lump in chest, we need to differentiate lumps like abscess, cyst, blood collection or just muscle soreness causing lump.
You need to consult physician if lump does not disappear in 2-3 days time and imaging done like CT to find out cause for lump.

I hope I have answered your query. Feel free to revert back for further clarification.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Answered: Wed, 15 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor