Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Vision fade problem in long sight. Any ways to avoid specs for the life time ?

dear doctor, I am 29 years old male and I have little vision fade problem in long sight. And gone to hospital and checked. doctor advice me for glass (-.75 both right & left).And i want to know that i have to wear specs over all my life time? is their any food limitation or any thing to overcome this situation? I am in tension due to this problem. Please advice.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
-0.75 dioptre spherical is your prescription as you have mentioned .
This is a myopic refractive error in which your distant vision will be hazy without spectacles .

Not wearing specs may give u headache but not everybody suffers that .
you can even remove them at times when haziness does not bother you much if that doesnot give you headache.

These refractive errors may sometimes change gradually so annual eye examination for the refractive status of your eye is recommended.
contact lenses may be tried if u r comfortable in maintaining them.

As far as diet is concerned there is nothing specific ,yes replace junk food with fresh fruits or veggies for the overall health of your eyes.

Having this refractive error should not be a cause for any amount of anxiety.
Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor