Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Viral warts over the torso, under arms and legs. Warts larger and infected. What can be done?

Hi. My son will be 5 on July 5th. He broke out with what appeared to be little warts all over his torso, under his arms and a few on his legs. I took him to his pediatrician and they said it was viral warts. However, my daughter also had viral warts and they never changes size, color, etc. Some of his have gotten larger and one now looks infected like a boil. He says that one hurts, but the others don't. Can you offer an help with this? I have pictures as well.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for your query

Your child has developed viral warts.

Viral warts can affect any area of the skin but is most common on the trunk of the body, arms, and legs.
It is spread through direct contact or shared items such as clothing or towels which seems to have happened in your children too.

These lesions are very contagious ,so early and proper treatment is very essential
Treatment options include application of agents like retinoic acid and KOH especially in children, chemical cautery, electric cautery or mechanical curettage.
so i would advise you to visit a dermatologist soon for proper treatment .

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor