Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Violent nausea spells, diagnosed with gallstones. What can be done to control pain?

I have been to the ER 2x this week due to violent nausea spells lasting aprox 2 hours prior to going in I have a long health history and have had over 30 surgeries they have discovered cysts on my ovaries during the recent pain spells but the last 2 visits a 16mm gallstone was discovered just at wits end I am going to the mayo clinic to see my previous surgeons on Monday 24th is it wise to wait what can I do to control the pain until confused and scared
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
If the symptoms are due to gall stones confirmed by radiological examination of the biliary tract, then a temporary course of antibiotics and analgesics can be resorted to until you take definitive tratment for the gall stone disease. But if the attacks are severe with uncontrollable symptoms taking long time or perhaps refusing to resolve then surgery would be the only option.
With regards
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor